Making a Point | Words and Pictures
We all have things we feel strongly about;
friends and family, life experiences personal or global, memories, dreams, causes or activities.
A picture is worth a thousand words and a montage of several images can speak volumes about a subject. Digital technology enables us to seamlessly combine images, with one commenting on the other, letting the pictures make a point.
- Brainstorm 4 or 5 things you feel strongly about.
- Pitch your idea in a short paragraph. Submit (type or copy and paste) your writing to us.
- Gather, scan, draw, photograph, download images that speak to your point.
- You will create a montage that combines your words with images of people, places and things that make the point.
- Learn how in the tutorial here.
- This montage can later become part of an interactive multimedia piece like this Flash Portrait ornotsosimpleton, website of Myron Campbell.